Posted by Xenius01 Mar 15, 2012 at 19:40 UTC
Bethesda is currently working on the 1.5 update for Skyrim. A beta version of this update is now available on Steam, so anyone interested can try it out before the final release. Besides fixing bugs the latest update also includes new features, such as kill cams for ranged attacks, new kill moves and shadows on grass. Watch the video here to see it in action! The complete changelog can be found below.
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)</span>
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
- General crash fixes and memory optimizations
- Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
- In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
- Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
- Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
- Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
- Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
- Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
- Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
- In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
- Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
- In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
- Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
- Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
- Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
- Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
- Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
- Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
- In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
- Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
- Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
- The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
- Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
- In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">How to install beta updates:</span>
- Log into Steam
- Click on Steam in the upper menu
- Select Settings
- Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
- Select OK.
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
Original announcement on Bethesda's official blog
Posted by Xenius01 Feb 29, 2012 at 21:22 UTC
Bethesda has finished the 1.4.27 update for Skyrim and made it available to everyone on Steam. The update includes some bug fixes and adds the functionality to change the mod load order using the launcher. The full changelog can be found below.
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">UPDATE 1.4.27 (PC Only)</span>
- Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods
- Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author
- Mod load order functionality
BUG FIXES (PC only)
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive while charging an enchanted weapon
- Fixed issue where controls would occasionally become unresponsive while switching from third to first person while using the Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive if activating a crafting station with autorun active
- Fixed issue where keyboard would fail if Rename Item was selected before choosing the number of charges, while using Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed several issues with remapping buttons while using an Xbox 360 controller
- Fixed issue where pressing Escape button after fast traveling but before the loading would cause certain menus to stop working properly
- Followers now sneak properly when player is sneaking
Original announcement on Bethesda's official blog
Posted by Xenius01 Feb 15, 2012 at 22:44 UTC
Bethesda currently has an ongoing series of tutorial videos for Skyrim's Creation Kit. These videos cover various subjects, such as building interiors, placing objects, adding enemies to the world and more. If you would like to start modding Skyrim, these tutorials are a good place to start!
The other episodes can be found here:
Episode 2 - Basic Layout
Episode 3 - Basic Layout II
Episode 4 - Clutter
Episode 5 - Navmesh
Episode 6 - Basic Encounters
Epidose 7 - Traps
Episode 8 - Optimization
Once you have successfully created a mod you can use our packager to pack it up and then upload it to SkyrimForge to make it available for everyone.
Posted by Xenius01 Feb 13, 2012 at 20:30 UTC
Last week Bethesda released the free to download High Resolution Texture Pack on Steam, together with the Creation Kit. Snoopey0 has created a video comparing Skyrim's original textures with the new high resolution ones. If you're not sure yet whether or not to install this pack, watch the video below to see the difference.
Posted by Xenius01 Feb 07, 2012 at 19:32 UTC
Bethesda has finally released the Creation Kit for Skyrim! Also a high resolution texture pack has been released, which can be downloaded from Steam, you can find it on the game's DLC page.
The Creation Kit can be downloaded from Steam (View>Tools>Creation Kit).
For more information and tutorials you can find the official wiki here
Modders rejoice! We’re pleased to announce that the Skyrim Creation Kit is now available!
With the Creation Kit’s release, fans can now upload, download, and install custom content through the Skyrim Workshop on Steam. Get a crash course by reading level designer Joel Burgess’ blog post, and be sure to read up on our list of best practices for modding. Need more help? Don’t forget to to check out the official Wiki at www.CreationKit.com. In the coming days and weeks, we’ll be sharing tutorial videos for beginners and experts alike. Check out the first tutorial above, and visit the Bethesda Game Studios YouTube Channel for more.
In addition to releasing the Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop, today we’re allowing players to experience Skyrim as you’ve never seen it before with the Skyrim High-Resolution Texture Pack. Before downloading it from Steam, make sure your system requirements exceed Skyrim’s recommended specs before attempting to install, including Windows Vista/7, a minimum of 4GB of system RAM, and a DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with at least 1 GB of RAM and the latest drivers.
Original article on Bethesda's official blog
Have fun modding!