Posted by Xenius01 Feb 28, 2012 at 21:13 UTC
Curse and Alienware are combining forces to present you the March Gaming Bracket Challenge! Characters from various games, including Skyrim, will be matched against each other.
The first round has already started, click the banner above to vote on your favourite characters. Your votes decide who enters the next round!
Besides casting your votes you are also able to enter our Alienware x51 giveaway! We are giving away one x51 each week, enter here to have a chance to win!
The following characters from Skyrim are involved:
- Ulfric Stormcloak
- Aela the Huntress
- Grelod the Kind
Posted by Xenius01 Feb 29, 2012 at 21:22 UTC
Bethesda has finished the 1.4.27 update for Skyrim and made it available to everyone on Steam. The update includes some bug fixes and adds the functionality to change the mod load order using the launcher. The full changelog can be found below.
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">UPDATE 1.4.27 (PC Only)</span>
- Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods
- Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author
- Mod load order functionality
BUG FIXES (PC only)
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive while charging an enchanted weapon
- Fixed issue where controls would occasionally become unresponsive while switching from third to first person while using the Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed issue where controls would become unresponsive if activating a crafting station with autorun active
- Fixed issue where keyboard would fail if Rename Item was selected before choosing the number of charges, while using Arcane Enchanter
- Fixed several issues with remapping buttons while using an Xbox 360 controller
- Fixed issue where pressing Escape button after fast traveling but before the loading would cause certain menus to stop working properly
- Followers now sneak properly when player is sneaking
Original announcement on Bethesda's official blog
Posted by Xenius01 Mar 05, 2012 at 22:29 UTC
The first round has ended, you can find the results here. Today the second round has started, you have until this Friday to cast your votes on your favourite characters!
All of the characters from Skyrim mentioned in the previous article entered the second round. It's up to you whether or not they will make it to the next round!
Enter here for this week's Alienware x51 giveaway!
Posted by Xenius01 Mar 13, 2012 at 08:24 UTC
Last week the second round ended, go here if you would like to see the results! The third round has started yesterday, you can vote until this Friday, March 16th.
Unfortunately only Aela the Huntress remains. Will she make it into the next round? Your votes will decide her fate!
Don't forget to go here to enter this week's Alienware x51 giveaway!
Check out the current bracket
Posted by Xenius01 Mar 15, 2012 at 19:40 UTC
Bethesda is currently working on the 1.5 update for Skyrim. A beta version of this update is now available on Steam, so anyone interested can try it out before the final release. Besides fixing bugs the latest update also includes new features, such as kill cams for ranged attacks, new kill moves and shadows on grass. Watch the video here to see it in action! The complete changelog can be found below.
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)</span>
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
- General crash fixes and memory optimizations
- Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
- In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
- Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
- Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
- Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
- Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
- Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
- Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
- In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
- Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
- In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
- Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
- Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
- Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
- Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
- Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
- Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
- In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
- Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
- Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
- The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
- Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
- In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">How to install beta updates:</span>
- Log into Steam
- Click on Steam in the upper menu
- Select Settings
- Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
- Select OK.
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
Original announcement on Bethesda's official blog