I just got this game a week or two ago and is actually really good I have an idea for a class type I would like to make a character as but the game currently doesn't truly support yet but almost does these changes would allow for such a class but without adversely affecting the in game too much I think.
The class I am thinking about would be a true melee mage, he would be in nothing but mage clothing and using conjured gear but setup to do mostly melee damage, his main trees would be Conjuration, Alteration, and his weapon of choice's tree with illusion as his subtype.
The main core changes to allow for this would be:
1) In the Mystic Perk tree, change "Mystic Binding" to a 2 rank perk where rank 2 is available at level 40 and add makes it so conjured weapons now last until sheathed instead of having a duration. This way the weapon you make stays active for as long as you desire.
2) In the Alteration Perk tree, change "Mage Armor" into a 4 rank perk where rank 4 is available at level 100 that makes it so mage armors now last indefinitely so long as they are not wearing any armor as to give them a true armor.
3) A new spell, "Conjure Shield", just like the other conjured weapons it scales with your perk tree and at low levels, it is about as strong as the weak shields but maxed out it would be as strong as an unenchanted Daedric shield just like the other conjured items.
4) Change the illusion spell "Call to Arms" to also increase shield rating as well.
With some smaller (optional) changes to make it easier to level as this setup:
1) Change it so skill increases from using conjured weapons to be split equally between the Conjuration tree and the weapon tree they are using.
2) Change it so getting hit while using mage armor adds to the Alteration tree as much as you would earn in the Heavy or Light Armor trees as though you had 1 piece of gear of that type.
3) Change "Conjure Dagger" to now be a silent weapn that no longer gives you away the moment you swing to others around as described in "http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bound_Dagger_(Dragonborn)"
These changes would allow for the creation of a mage that specializes in hand to hand combat. Conjured weapon, conjured armor and lots of utility.
His armor when maxed would be as strong as both the Heavy and Light Armors which both cap out when maxed already as his last armor spell gives him 80% physical damage reduction, his weapons would be as strong as the unenchanted Daedric weapons and his destruction and restoration spells would be weaker than most who go into them trees but still better than nothing. His would be weaker than other melee classes in Armor and Weapons but stronger than pure casters, his spells would be weaker than other caster types but still stronger than the melee characters but his utility would be unmatched compared to other class types.
Bonus if you can change the graphics on the last armor to look like a conjured form of the Daedric Armor while active and the Call to Arms now adds a slight change in color to the armor.
sounds like a cool idea, i hope someone gets around to making it.
I thought of the exact changes to do it right.
Bound Shield (See below for details).
Conjure Horse: Cost 100, Conjures a horse that lasts for 120 seconds unless you are on him at which point he lasts until 120 seconds after you dismount him.
New Enchant: Improve Bound Gear by x%, works the same as weapon and shield enchants but applies only to bound gear.
Perk Tree Changes:
Alteration > Mage Armor changed to 4 ranks:
Rank 1 (Skill 30): Protection Spells like Stone Flesh and Dragonhide do not expire as long as you no wear armor.
Rank 2 (Skill 40): x2 as strong
Rank 3 (Skill 50): x2.5 as strong
Rank 4 (Skill 70): x3 as strong
Conjuration > Mystic Binding changed to 2 ranks:
Rank 1 (Skill 20): Bound Weapons and Shields are stronger
Rank 2 (Skill 40): Bound Weapons do not expire until Sheathed
Soul Stealer changed to: "Bound weapons cast Soul Trap on targets and resist 25% of magic while you have a conjured shield".
Oblivion Binding changed to:"Bound weapons will banish summoned creatures and turn raised ones and conjured shields block 40% more damage"
Conjured weapons base damage now based on the Conjuration skill level, at level 10 it is equal to the weakest form of the weapon, at skill level 100, it is equal to the most powerful weapon of its kind in the game before any blacksmithing upgrades (which can't be done to these weapons)
Mystic Binding affects the conjured weapons to the same effect blacksmithing does and scales equally with the Conjuration skill level so that at level 20, the conjured weapons are upgraded like a blacksmith upgrade done at skill level 20 and at level 100, it is like a blacksmith upgrade at level 100
Bound Daggers have base mechanics of daggers instead of swords for silent attacks unlike now how it acts like a sword when swung.
Skill experience from using bound weapons and shields is now split equally between the type of weapon used and the Conjuration skill tree. Same goes for shields.
Being hit with a Mage Armor active now now gives experience to the Alteration tree equal to that given by a single piece of armor does to their respective tree.
Change the illusion spell "Call to Arms" to also increase shield level as well.
I figure this would allow you to create a new class archtype with nothing but conjured gear and conjured pets, he would concentrate only Alteration and Conjuration and the rest would be spent on Melee.
And best of all, you are only having to worry about the graphics for the conjured horse and bound shield which are already in other mods, the mechanic for the bound dagger swing is already used for other daggers and the rest is mechanic changes so no major graphic overhauls.
You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!