Fus Ro Dah! You runned oblivion on highest settings? Skyrim only on High or Medium with annoying freezes or lags? This file is for you! You can jump from Medium to Ultra in less than 1 minute!
Quick Update - 3/25/2013
Skyrim Better Performance works now with LATEST version of Skyrim [5 - 7 FPS Gain]**
I was encountering lags on High settings with old .dll file, So i decided to make new one for Skyrim with big succes mostly because the most problems in Bethesda games had same issues that caused FPS drop. Currently im playing on High settings without any freezes or lags etc. Before i used this dll. my auto detect settings set game to MEDIUM quality after repleacing .dll auto detect settings set game to HIGH quality. Also my FPS went up over by 10-15 So this is really very much.
This works only with Nvidia cards. It allows transparency AA so trees and grass will look much better if you have AA turned On. But i highly recommed to turn off AA and enable FXAA (Better performance)
1. Download file. 2. Make backup of your original d3d9.dll file - IMPORTANT 3. Copy d3d9.dll File to your Skyrim folder. It goes in your regular game folder where Skyrim.exe is located, not in the "data" folder with the mods or other files/folders.
If you placed .dll file in right place launcher will re-scan settings, and you will have to set them again.
- Launcher Bug - d3d9.dll will change name of your Graphic Adapter in settings from (example) Nvidia GeForce9600GT to GeForce 8800 GS, This really doesn't matter. - Might crash with 2 monitors or more. - Many peoples might get crash with Crossfire or SLI enabled. - Usually (but doesn't have to) crashes with XFIRE possible fix for this - In Xfire go to Tools>options>'game' tab and click on the checkbox "Disable Xfire in game"
1. It does not change any files! Just delete .dll file you downloaded and place the old one if you maked backup of course if not you will have to download original .dll file for Skyrim or reinstall game.
WHAT TO DO WHEN non-ENB d3d9.dll-based MODS ARE ALSO USED!
Note: this works no matter ENB mods are also present or not. Examples of non-ENB d3d9.dll-based mods: Standalone SMAA, FXAA Post Process Injector.
1. Rename other d3d9.dll to, say, d3d9_other.dll
2. Edit HiAlgoBoost.ini so that the part of [PROXY] section looks as following:
EnableProxy_d3d9 = true ; Can be used to load Standalone SMAA,... ProxyLibrary_d3d9 = d3d9_other.dll
- Make sure you are running the launcher or .exe shortcut as administrator if you have crash when launching.
- This isn't lowering your Graphics.
- Some peoples asked if it will work with AA turned on? Answer: YES it will work however it works much better with FXAA (More FPS / almost the same graphics quality)
- If you don't have d3d9.dll in your game folder don't worry! Just place my .dll in game folder and if you will want to uninstall it just simply delete it.
- I highly recommend to lower Anisiotropic Filtering because it might cause freezes etc. pretty much.
- Mod might don't work on some Graphic Cards from GTX series and others.
- If you have issues, try updating your official DX runtime first from Microsoft, a quick google search for "DirectX End User Runtime" will get you what you need.
- DX is card/driver agnostic, so it should run on any card, though the particular optimization in this likely favors older nVidia cards of the pre G200 cores, so 9000 and 8000 series. If you have performance issues, instead of using this mod turn off AA and use FXAA. In the game launcher you can find this advanced option. It is a post process (after rendering) algorithm that removes jagged edges without much loss of fidelity or framerate.
UPDATES: 1.1 - Fixed up few things. 1.1 - Supports now Skyrim Latest Patch (Dragonborn)
Enjoy! Meritus aka meritus335.
- 6 comments