What's SkyrimForge all about anyway?
This website has been co-developed by a ong-standing, respected member of the World of Warcraft AddOn Author Community:
The goals of SkyrimForge are simple: to create a developer-friendly hosting platform for all of your modding needs.
Why move project management to SkyrimForge?
Curse.com has been, from the outset, designed more as a download website than a project management website. This is the main advantage SkyrimForge offers: it gives authors the best possible platform to manage their projects, cutting back the time required to update mods for users, which in turn makes mod development more enjoyable for the author.
I tried to edit my project on Curse.com but I get redirected to SkyrimForge!
We've disabled project management on Curse.com and moved it over to SkyrimForge with the introduction of the website. The new management system make it easier than ever before to host your projects here on Curse/SkyrimForge.
I've uploaded my project, but the file isn't showing up!
This is because we're using an approval queue for every single file. Please be patient and an administrator will approve your file(s) shortly.
My project isn't showing up on Curse.com, but I see it on SkyrimForge!
It takes between one to thirteen minutes for your project to syndicate with Curse.com. Please be patient and it should show up, if it doesn't, that's bad. Very bad. Make a ticket about it please. Learn how to file a ticket http://www.skyrimforge.com/wiki/projects/how-to-file-tickets/here.
How do I manage my files?
Go to your projects page and click the file you want to manage, it won't download, instead a separate page opens where you can edit and delete said file.
Why was my old project removed?
It's most likely too outdated or a user compilation. We do not allow user compilations on SkyrimForge.
I thought of some features SkyrimForge should have!
Please file a separate ticket of each feature you'd like to see and we will review them as soon as feasible possible. Also read How to File Tickets.
I've found a bug, what do I do?
Great! Please report it by making a ticket.
Make sure the issue isn't known first by browsing the current tickets.
We really appreciate if you include as many details as possible: let us know how to reproduce the issue(s) you've experienced. Also read How to File Tickets.
Thanks in advance for helping us improving SkyrimForge!
Does SkyrimForge have an IRC channel?
Indeed we do! SkyrimForge is part of the greater CurseForge community. Our channel is #curseforge and the network we're using is of course irc.freenode.net
Looking forward to see everyone there!
Current SkyrimForge Features
Included in the initial launch of the website are the following features:
- Fully-featured Project Management System. Update your projects via the simple upload system, or automatically with several different Version Control Systems! The following Version Control Systems can be used to update projects:
- Robust Ticket System Allows users to create tickets so the developer is aware of outstanding issues with the project, or suggestions from users for enhancements. The ticket system is designed to be smart, so that similar issues are grouped together for easy browsing. Also allows browsing of either the entire group of issues, or a single ticket under that group of issues. Supported ticket types:
- Every project has its own repository for easy committing of changes!
- Project manager will be able to designate whether to sync the repository's password with their account, making it quick and easy to log in. Includes automated / configurable Access Control Levels to grant only the access you want to give to other project members.
- Fully-featured Wiki Every project on SkyrimForge will receive its very own Wiki, to store information about the project.
- Automated Packager Automatically creates a zip file of each revision in the SVN repository for a project, making it immediately available for users to download. '''These zip files are also automatically syndicated with Curse.com - increasing the reach of a project more than ever before.'''
- Alpha / Beta / Release Distinction Project managers will be able to designate Alpha / Beta / Release distinction, creating an "opt-in" scenario, where only users who wish to download pre-release projects with the Curse Client can do so, while those that only want stable versions can rest assured they will not download something buggy.
- Ability to upload screenshots of mods
- Forums powered by Vbulletin, one of the industry leaders in forum software.
- News related to mod development
Table of contents
- 1 What's SkyrimForge all about anyway?
- 2 Why move project management to SkyrimForge?
- 3 I tried to edit my project on Curse.com but I get redirected to SkyrimForge!
- 4 I've uploaded my project, but the file isn't showing up!
- 5 My project isn't showing up on Curse.com, but I see it on SkyrimForge!
- 6 How do I manage my files?
- 7 Why was my old project removed?
- 8 I thought of some features SkyrimForge should have!
- 9 I've found a bug, what do I do?
- 10 Make sure the issue isn't known first by browsing the current tickets.
- 11 Does SkyrimForge have an IRC channel?
- 12 Current SkyrimForge Features
- Date created
- Nov 10, 2011
- Last updated
- Nov 10, 2011